Saturday, June 25, 2011

Black on Black

Teagan has had a rough week in the injury department.  A record THREE incident/injury reports came home from daycare in one week.  She fell on the playground and hurt her back, then was pushed by a classmate and got a black eye, and then was bumped in the face hard and got another black eye (on the prior black eye, but much worse!).  It started out as almost a rug-burn like scab, and a swollen, red, and bruised eye.  The swelling was worse today and the rug burn has turned a very deep red.  Poor babe.

Various views of the damage:



Otherwise, here are some more fun iPhone photos from the week/weekend so far.  In a nutshell - little pup after his bath, my kiddos, Mommy's cat vs. Teagan's cat, the eye.  Then our walk today - baby riding, little bub snoozin', blowing bubbles & paci face!



And for my own records - Declan slept almost 9 hours last night, we're making such great progress at night time!  I was awoken to a cry through the monitor at 4-something so I sprang up to go feed Declan and it turned out it was Teagan making a little peep.  So back to bed I went for a little longer because Declan was still sleeping like a champ!  He is still having some sleep/nap/fussiness issues during the day but I am trying to be patient!  The weekend has been nice to have some tag team action!  One more week at home before I start back to work, so I am sure that will throw a wrench into any habits and routines he has developed!

And while I am getting the chance to actually add some words to my post (hehe, instead of just slapping up some photos), here are some recent Teagan-isms that have made us laugh:

#1
Erin: "Teagan do you want a granola bar"
Teagan "No, I don't WANT a bamola bar....but I DO want a bamola bar.  I like bamola bars. I want a purple one" (purple = mixed berry because of the purple box)

She just haaas to exert some sassy 3 year old attitude by always saying no to everything first and in the same breath saying she in fact does want what we are offering!  I constantly get "I dont WANT ____...but I DO want ____" or "I dont LIKE dinner....but I DO like dinner, I'm hungry." And the emphasized words are always the same!!

#2
Erin: "Do you want to go to Old Navy with Mommy?"
Teagan: "I don't want to go to Old Baby"

#3
In our bathroom while I'm getting ready, Teagan starts to close the door
Teagan: "I'm going to close the door, just call me if you need something"

This made me laugh because if I leave her in the bathroom to brush teeth, go potty, etc I always say "call me if you need something"

#4
Teagan: "Daddy lay on the floor and go to sleep"
Matt lays on floor
Teagan: "I'm going to rub your back and cuddle for one minute.  Close your eyes.  I'm going to go make you some food" T runs off to her kitchen and brings back a meal of play food

Again, mimicking us because we always say "I'll cuddle for one more minute" when she is stalling at bedtime.

#5
Sometimes she leaves off the first consonant of words, even though she knows the word and generally speaks very clearly and very well.

"But Mommy I EED it" (need it)
"We can go play in the ard" (yard)

#6
Teagan's lyrics to Farmer in the Dell - "the farmer takes a ho".  She later said "the farmer takes a hose" but not before sending me into an uncontrollable fit of laughter (which was contagious because the more I laughed, the more she laughed)

#7
Old Navy cashier to Teagan: "are you doing anything fun today?"
Teagan: "we're going to the zoo"
I stand there and shake my head no to the cashier because we aren't going to the zoo
Old Navy cashier to Teagan: "well what's your favorite animal at the zoo?"
Teagan: "umm, I like the zebras"
I laugh and shake my head no again and point out that there aren't any zebras at our zoo

#8
Teagan: "I want to wear naked to daycare today"

#9
Teagan: "Daddy can you zip my best?"
Matt: "You mean your VEST?  With a V like vacuum?"
Teagan: "Right, with a V, like bacuum"

#10
Erin: "What did you have for lunch today?"
Teagan: "a burradio" (burrito)

This one stuck, so since when Teagan was a baby we called her "our little burrito" when she was swaddled, we started calling Declan "our little burradio" when he was swaddled, which Teagan thought was quite funny

No comments:

Post a Comment