Monday, March 5, 2012

Oahu, Hawaii Trip - Day 10: Family Photos

Confession: I am going a little out of order.  These photos were taken on Day 10, but they were not the first event of the day.  I am trying to get through the insane amount of photos I took between Disney, family shots, cousins shots, and beach shots.  But without further ado, because I am so excited to share, here are the family photos from the day.

With the gorgeous scenery of Hawaii, one of my top "to do" items was family photos for both our family and C&N's family.  Perhaps we should have picked a different order of events, because after an amazing breakfast, when we got to the beach 3 of the 4 kids were NOT into having their photo taken.  With a gorgeous beach just steps away that beckoned us I can understand why the girls had no interest.  We tried and tried - little boys were tossed into the air, little girls were corralled and bribed and pleaded with.  So even though we didn't get the 10 dreamy shots of each family I was envisioning, with different scenery and poses, we did get a few good, framable photos.  And they capture memories and they capture happiness.







My final mission was to get a photo of the four grandbabies.  Together.  Smiling.  Cute.  Hawaiian.  It was a tall order.  I don't think I could have shown my face to Grammy Sue if I didn't come home with the money shot.  But, mission accomplished, if I do say so myself!!!!!  Four little pairs of bare feet, for sets of semi-attentive eyes, no frowns, no tears.  







And some alternate views of the C family photos:





This one was really cute of the G family, minus Miss Teagan (and aside from the tree bursting out of Declan's head):


....because she was off being "three" in the sand - look at that gorgeous beach, who can blame her?


And the pre-crop version of our family shot:


Special thanks to Chris for capturing our family shot - good work!

1 comment: