Thursday, August 14, 2008

Little T Is In My Arms Again


The daycare trial went well.  I made it back from my doctors appointment in time to go with Matt for the drop-off.  Teagan started crying when we got there, so that rattled my nerves a little, but after some brief instructions we left.  I was a little weepy, but by the time we got to the end of the driveway I was ok.  I passed the time by checking my email, talking on the phone with T's Aunt Melissa for a few, cleaning the...stain...T got on the carpet during her diaper change (eeew!) and had a brownie sundae (yes, at 10 am!).  Then I spent 15 min getting more and more excited and anxious to pick her up and then it was time!

Teagan took a nap at daycare for 45 min, took a pacifier for a while which she has only done a few times (and only for Matt), and took a walk outside. She refused a bottle both times it was offered.  I hope that doesn't become an issue, however she has taken one several times before, so perhaps if hunger set in a little more she would have gladly taken it.  By the time I picked her up it had been over 4 hrs since she had any food (besides the measly amount she took from Dad).  She was VERY excited to eat when I got her home.  And when I leaned in the car to get her car seat out, she flashed me that killer smile, and I knew she had forgiven me and still loved me. 


So after all of the hype I survived, and knowing my return to work is just around the corner means I will cherish theses last 6 week days I have left as a stay at home mom.

1 comment:

  1. Awww...you're making me cry too now. I'm so glad you survived it! I'm sure you and Matt will be her favorite people for many more years...well, at least until she's a teenager, ;)

    ReplyDelete