Monday, August 25, 2008

You've Got Mail


I made it past the goodbyes and left T snuggled in bed with her Dad.  I made it to work with only one misty eyed moment.  I booted up my computer.  My Outlook inbox took over 30 minutes to load (I busied myself making oatmeal for breakfast and hanging pictures of Teagan on the wall). When my inbox was fully loaded I had 530 new emails.  So the fun of weeding through them began.  At about 7:20 I got an email saying he was up and ready and waiting a few minutes to wake Teagan to get her ready.  I finally got to hear the drop-off report at 10:30ish. Everything went smoothly. I made it through my 3 pumping sessions with reasonable output - about 13-15 oz total.  I got to catch up with coworkers and talk about T.  I watched the clock all afternoon.  

Finally it was time to leave!  I was so excited and couldn't stop smiling the whole way there.  I was practically running up the driveway.  She was fussing a little when I got there.  It was SO good to hold her and hug her and kiss her.  I got the daily report then packed up so I could get her home. She didn't nap great - about 2 hours total.  She only ate 4.5 oz, which is far less than she was eating in 9ish hrs with me.  I think with time she will get more used to the bottle and eat a normal amount during the day.  

I got her home and she was so excited to nurse.  She camped out for a long time and just ate and rested/slept.  She has more or less been doing that for the last 3.5 hrs!  Right now she is sleeping in my arms.  

I took a few pictures of the preparations last night.  Matt was kind enough to take some "first day" action shots this AM:

Bottles in the fridge ready to go

Pump parts, cooler, and snacks

Getting dressed for the day

Dressed and ready to go


Snug in her carseat (with her buddy Piggly Wiggly)

Smiles for Daddy before they walk out the door.


If I was organized the next picture in the series would be "Momma and T snuggling together all evening long" but alas Teagan is crying and I am exhausted so maybe some other day!!!  Let's hope for good sleep tonight because we all need it (including Matt because his allergies are at their peak!!)

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you all survived the day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that you survived your first day back, Erin!

    Teagan is so precious. I can't wait to meet my newest cousin :-D

    My love to you all!!

    ReplyDelete